Tuesday, February 10, 2004

New York City has gone to the dogs. The Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show has taken over Madison Square Garden. This is the 128th annual show, which means that the first dog show took place in 1876 – roughly the year in which most of the judges were born. I don’t mean to be cruel but some of these judges look like they’ve been thawed and dusted off just for this occasion. And why, out of all the adorable dogs to choose from, do they always pick the standard poodle? They look so unnatural and unnerving. Maybe the poodle has a special financial arrangement with the judges. How else do you explain such a subjective decision? If the poodle wins Best in Show tonight, I won’t be happy.

My issue of "Newsweek" arrived in the mail yesterday. On the cover it says "Who Really Killed Jesus?" For a second, my eyes didn't quite register and I thought it said "You Really Killed Jesus." Great, there we go blaming the Jews again!

Now Dean is backing away from his statement the other day that he would drop out if he loses Wisconsin. Perhaps he saw the poll that has him trailing Kerry by 50 points. That’s OK. He can stay deluded until March 2 when New York and California will seal the deal for John Kerry – The Real Deal!

My friend Ben directed me to Lawrence Lessig’s blog. He is a law professor at Stanford and has some good commentaries on Ralph Nader and how egotistical he would be if he were to run for President again. Nader always attacked big businesses for not accepting the accountability of their actions. Now, Nader refuses to accept his own accountability in contributing to Bush’s election in 2000. It’s a shame to see what this once admirable man has become.

Tell me what you think of this blog! Send me feedback at noyes1@aol.com.