Monday, March 01, 2004

I got 17 out of my 21 Oscar Predictions correct. Not too bad. The only categories that I missed were Actor, Adapted Screenplay, Sound Effects and Makeup. Although I thought Sean Penn was fantastic in “Mystic River”, I wasn’t sure if the Academy would honor him because of his controversial reputation. Fortunately I was wrong as Penn is a very deserving winner. I was also surprised that “Lord of the Rings” won every single award is was nominated for, tying the record set by “Ben-Hur” and “Titanic”. Otherwise there weren’t too many surprises on Oscar night. This morning I have the song from “A Mighty Wind” stuck in my head and it won’t leave. Damn you and your comic genius, Eugene Levy!

I cannot get over how warm the weather is outside. No more heavy winter coat! The deep freeze of winter has finally ended...although there are still patches of snow that can be found here and there.