Wednesday, March 24, 2004

Life has grown stagnant and it has become frustrating. Changes are on the horizon. Time to shake shit up.

Last night I decided to lay off the deep thoughts that have plagued me for too long. So I watched two mindless movies, both of which were a great distraction! The first movie was “Old School”. It reminded me of those college frat movies they used to make in the 80s. This was even more enjoyable because I could identify with the 30-year old characters who resisted settling down, in favor of some good old-fashioned partying. Will Ferrell’s comedic skills were a high point of the movie. I also enjoyed Vince Vaughn’s shtick of signaling for his kid to cover his ears by telling him “earmuffs” and then feeling free to curse like a drunken sailor. And although many of the supporting roles were tired movie stereotypes...the evil dean, the fat black kid, the horny old man...they were still amusing. The second movie that I watched was “Party Monster”. Wow, Macauley Culkin sure has come a long way from “Home Alone”. His performance and the movie-at-large was similar to a train wreck...a complete mess yet I couldn’t turn away. It seemed as if Culkin was trying too hard to be over the top. But that could have been an intentional effect of the story since those Club Kids were the definition of “over the top.” I particularly enjoyed the efforts of Seth Green’s character in writing a novel. Two years to write two pages. One week to write a sentence. Almost reminds me of someone!

It looks like tonight’s “Survivor” is going to be a recap show. Hence, no prediction as to who will go.