Friday, March 26, 2004

Oy. I feel sick. The body aches continued throughout the night and into the morning. I’ve had no appetite to eat anything and even threw up this morning. (Hindsight says I probably should not have had a beer last night when I went out with my coworkers) The temptation was great to stay home today but I had to write our biweekly report. So I trudged into work and am actually feeling a little better since I’ve arrived. Still have no appetite though. But I already got the biweekly over with so I no longer have to worry about it if I happen to take a turn for the worse.

The annual White House correspondents dinner was held on Wednesday night. It’s traditionally an opportunity for the president and other politicians to make fun of themselves. Bush took part in that tradition by showing a video where he is wandering around the Oval Office, looking underneath the furniture, saying “Those weapons of mass destruction have to be here somewhere... Nope, no weapons over there. Maybe under here.” It’s funny because it’s true! The families of Iraq war victims don’t seem too think it’s too funny though.