Sunday, April 11, 2004

Happy Easter. Not a whole lot going on today. Took my parents out to dinner last night to celebrate my dad's birthday. Then I helped him set up his new DVD player which was a gift from my brother. It was very frustrating to hear incredible distortions in the sound. After wracking my brain over what was wrong, I realized that I had plugged the red cord into the wrong red outlet on the back of the player. You see there were two reds. If they would only come up with a variety of different colors we wouldn't have such problems. All is now well on the technology front.

I also watched two Netflix movies this weekend. The first was "Something's Gotta Give." This was a fun movie, although a half hour too long. You can't go wrong with Jack Nicholson and Diane Keaton. The second movie I watched was "Mona Lisa Smile". I can understand why it got bad reviews since much of it was cliches, but I liked it anyway. It took place at Wellesley College in 1953 and as a Vassar alum, I'd imagine that Vassar was very similar during that time.

I read an article in the newspaper about Anne Hathaway, star of "The Princess Diaries" and "Ella Enchanted." It turns out that she is currently enrolled at Vassar but her movie career has seriously curtailed her advancement towards her degree. She was originally enrolled in the Class of 2004 and, whereas her friends and classmates are currently getting ready to graduate, she has only completed three semesters. I really wonder whether or not she will make the effort to continue.

Fantasy Baseball woes. After two happy days in first place, my team has slipped to 5th. It's all because of my pitching. 10 of my starters have made 14 starts thus far and I only have ONE win from them. I'm counting on them all to rebound with better performances next time.