Wednesday, April 07, 2004

Passover Seder, Round Two was held last night in New Jersey. Special thanks to my cousin Pamela for leading the seder. It was really great to see her, her husband Mike and their two children, 2 and a half year old Grace, and 1 and a half year old Matthew. Since they live in San Francisco we don’t get to see them as often as we’d like. Those kids are so cute and intelligent! It was also fun to hang out with my cousins Russell and Lisa. And Uncle Norman is recovering well from the operation he had last month. Now there’s nothing left to do but eat the leftovers.

(Pamela’s Passover tidbit : An orange slice can be put on a seder plate because when women were attempting to be ordained as rabbis, a prominent male rabbi angrily proclaimed “The day women are allowed on the pulpit is the day oranges will be put on seder plates!”. So since women have indeed achieved positions as rabbis, it’s appropriate to add oranges as a nod to their achievements.)

(Russell’s Passover tidbit – if they do a spoof of the movie “Old School”, they should call it “Old Shul”)

How bout dem Mets? I did not see the game last night but I heard that they kicked major ass. A 7-2 win over the Braves with hot performances by Tom Glavine and Kaz Matsui. And even better – my fantasy baseball team, Thugz Inc., is in first place! I don’t know how long that will last so I will gloat as long as I can.