Sunday, April 25, 2004

Taking full advantage of my Netflix subscription means ordering every single feature film release under the sun. One case in point was "Cheaper by the Dozen." It made over $100 million at the box office so how could I not check it out? I'd give you a plot synopsis except that there's not much of one. Steve Martin and Bonnie Hunt want a big family so they have 12 kids. Yes, 12. They also want careers which involve moving the family to a different town. The kids (brats that they are) aren't too happy with this and spend the better part of 90 minutes acting out. I suppose it was supposed to be funny. It's as if the producers said, let's put Steve Martin with a bunch of kids and see the wackiness that will ensue. Wackiness indeed. My next Netflix film to watch is "The Matrix Revolutions." I actually started it last night. I watched a half-hour before my eyelids became very heavy and I turned it off to go to sleep. I'll probably finish the movie at some point today.

Congratulations to Vitali Klitschko, boxing's NEW heavyweight champion of the world. Last night he won the title vacated by Lennox Lewis. In his corner was his younger brother, Wladimir, who has been having his own problems in the ring. If this was wrestling, Wladimir would turn heel on Vitali and demand a title shot, ala the Bret Hart vs Owen Hart wars of 1994.