Friday, April 23, 2004

We always get a nice turnout from the local press at our Parks events. The Daily News ran a story about the Wyckoff House event that I described yesterday. You can read the article here.

Just got back from Coney Island where we met to discuss the annual beach opening ceremony. While there, I took a walk along the boardwalk and admired the four new performance gazebos that were installed. These pavilions are named after the amusement parks of yesterday (Dreamland & Steeplechase) and the amusement parks of today (Astroland and Deno’s Wonder Wheel Park). When we have the ceremony in late May, the big photo-op will be the unveiling of one of the gazebos, as a band plays inside it. In the meantime one of the big projects that I’m working on is designing a Coney Island Events Poster that will be displayed on our 9 boardwalk kiosks.

Jon Stewart was hilarious on The Daily Show the other night. He was making fun of our indecision over who we would be handing Iraqi sovereignty over to on June 30. At his press conference Bush had told a reporter “We’ll get back to you on that.” Stewart’s reply : “Wait! Don’t tell me! I’ll wait up bright and early on June 30th, tip toe down the stairs in my footsie pajamas, and see who will be the new leader of Iraq sitting under the tree. Wait, what if it’s me? Just think, I could be the leader of Iraq! Oh my god, that would be the best June 30th ever!”

On “Survivor”, Shii Ann was marked for elimination last night and the only way she could be saved was if she had won immunity. So, she did! Without the option of voting out Shii Ann, the original Chapera members turned on their own and ejected Alicia who they had earlier indicated was the “least deserving of being an All-Star.”