Saturday, May 29, 2004

I stayed up late last night finishing reading "Angels and Demons." Just could not put it down. It's a great book by Dan Brown, author of "The Da Vinci Code." However, having read "Da Vinci", I am familiar with Brown's writing style and was therefore able to decipher the twist - who the villain was - halfway through the book. Even though I had a good idea who the bad guy was, I still enjoyed how the author got us there and there was one final twist at the end that had me saying "Holy shit" out loud. I know that Ron Howard is currently prepping a "Da Vinci" film and having now read "Angels and Demons", I really hope that a film version of it follows. All I ask is that Ben Affleck NOT be cast as Robert Langdon.

Today they are dedicating the World War II Memorial in Washington D.C. I'm watching it right now on The History Channel. This year on Memorial Day, as we enjoy our beaches, BBQs and clothing sales, let's take some time to honor the sacrifices of all of our veterans, in wars both just and unjust.