Sunday, May 02, 2004

Maybe I should have placed some money on Imperialism after all. Although he did not win the Kentucky Derby, out of 18 horses, he came in a very respectable 3rd. Supposedly you can bet that a horse will come in "place" which means that you'd win $$$ if they finish in 3rd or higher. Guess I should have done that. Ah well, that'll be my plan for the Preakness Stakes!

Saw two good movies on Netflix yesterday. One was "Shattered Glass". Just as Hayden Christensen plays Anakin Skywalker in Episode II as a whiny bitch, he plays Steven Glass, the New Republic reporter who faked his articles, as... a whiny bitch. Guess it works for him. The second movie I saw was "Win a Date with Tad Hamilton." Standard formulaic teen romantic comedy...but it had heart! Or something like that. Now I need to drag my ass to an actual movie theater and see "13 Going on 30" and "Mean Girls".

Stay tuned to this blog for an announcement of a new, innovative website that will be of interest to most of my readers. I will write more when more details become available!