Thursday, May 06, 2004

Well this has been some day thus far. This morning, there was a groundbreaking ceremony at Sternberg Park. The event itself went well. However, I then returned to the office and learned that one of my co-workers, Tom Stofka, died this morning of a massive heart attack. He was Brooklyn's Forestry Director and a great guy who I've worked with for five years. I'm still in disbelief as I type this. I last saw him yesterday and come to think of it, he did look a little flush. Then, five minutes before I learned of his death, I "cc'd" him on an e-mail. So right now we're all just sitting around the office, stunned. Tonight we're supposed to go out and have drinks with Lauren, who left the agency last week. I'm still going to go out but I don't know how much of a celebration its going to be.

"Survivor" is down to five. Anyone could go at this point. Big Tom is a crucial swing vote as Rob and Amber, and Rupert and Jenna seem like they're going to stick together. My prediction is that Tom sides with Rob and Amber and chooses to vote off Rupert. But I hope that doesn't happen.