Saturday, May 01, 2004

Yesterday was so busy that I didn't have time to blog! It was Arbor Day (a big deal for the Parks Dept) and we had two events to celebrate it. The first was at Carroll Park in Carroll Gardens and the second was at Kaiser Park in Coney Island. I was only supposed to have been at one of them but wound up at both when the programs were left behind at the office and I was the only one available to bring them over. The weather was great though so it was ideal to have been outdoors all day. Then my mom had knee surgery yesterday on a torn miniscus. All went well and she is currently home and recovering nicely.

I've never bet on horse racing before but I was walking past an OTB this morning and I became highly tempted. Today is the Kentucky Derby and I considered placing a bet on a horse. I ultimately decided not to, seeing as how I know nothing about the horses and that it would likely be a complete waste of cash. However the horse's name that caught my eye was "Imperialism." So if Imperialism does indeed win today, then I might have to trust my gut in the future. If Imperalism loses, I'll just forget the whole thing.

I just heard that U.S. Supreme Court Justice David Souter got beat up last night by a bunch of young punks while he was jogging. That sucks. Couldn't they have targeted Scalia instead? (Kidding!)