Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Guess who was the first person to buy Bill Clinton’s autobiography at the Barnes & Noble in Park Slope? Me! I walked by just as they were opening at 9:00 A.M. and made a beeline to the Clinton display (along with about 15 other people). But I was the first to pay for it! And it was cheap too. In addition to it being marked for 30% off, I got an additional 10% for being a member, and then an additional 15% on top of that from a B&N coupon that I got in the mail. I can’t wait to read about his battle with Voldemort... oh wait, wrong series. Well in lieu of a Harry Potter book this year, this will probably be the publishing industry’s big hit. And if it sucks, I can always use it for weight training purposes.

The cartoon on my Dilbert desk calendar :

The scene is a restaurant. A waitress is taking Dilbert’s order.

Dilbert : “Give me $35 worth of food, including your 15% tip.”
Waitress : “If I bring you a penne pasta, will you promise to not build a log cabin on your plate?”
Dilbert : “I can’t promise that.”
Waitress : “Well then. We have a situation here.”

And this was yesterday’s cartoon. Dilbert is sitting at the restaurant table by himself :

Dilbert : “I’m not a loser who can’t get a date. I’m a business traveler.”
Waitress : “What’s your girlfriend’s name? I’ll call her and check your story.”
Dilbert : “Maybe I should order.”
Waitress : “Maybe you should.”