Monday, June 21, 2004

Happy Belated Fathers Day! A good time was had yesterday as I went out to dinner with my parents, brother, aunt and uncle. My brother drove up from Baltimore on Friday and went home last night after dinner. In between meals and movies, much of his time was spent working on fixing my dad’s computer. It seems that computer problems always arise when he is in town. Two years ago, my computer crashed and my brother had to install Windows XP on it. It’s good to have a tech wizard in the family!

I’m sickened by the beheadings in the Middle East. First Nick Berg. Then Paul Johnson. Now a South Korean translator has been abducted and will also be beheaded at sundown if South Korea does not withdraw their troops. Although Berg and Johnson seemed resigned to their fates, the Korean was videotaped bawling in hysterics. To hear his cries on the radio this morning was devastating.

And now, doing a total 180, how about them Mets? Winners of four in a row, a three game sweep of the Tigers, two game-winning hits by Mike Cameron, the debut of Richard Hidalgo, the return of Jose Reyes, an even won-loss record and they are only two and a half games out of first place. Let’s hope they can improve from here!