Thursday, June 03, 2004

I can’t get over how perfect the weather is (as everyone can see from my Weather Pixie!) I could be outdoors all day long with weather like this. As it was, I had a convenient excuse to be in Central Park this morning and was sure to take some time to appreciate its beauty. And I can I tell you how mobbed the zoo was with classes on field trips? It was pretty mobbed.

George Tenet resigned today as Director of the C.I.A. The reasoning behind it? According to Tenet, “It was a personal decision, and had only one basis in fact: the well being of my wonderful family, nothing more and nothing less." Riiiggghhhttt... Anytime an elected official or a highly appointed official resigns for “family reasons”, it’s all a load of crap. It’s a code for being shown the door. For Tenet, the intelligence failures related to 9-11, WMD and many others, have finally caught up with him. Now can Rumsfeld resign next?

Who says that spelling bees are not a dangerous sport? Earlier today, a 13-year old boy appeared to faint and collapsed on stage, drawing gasps from the audience. After a few seconds, he gathered himself, stood up and immediately started spelling “alopecoid.” He got it right and then received immediate medical attention.

This might be the last blog update for a few days. I’m off to Poughkeepsie tomorrow and most likely will not have access to a computer. Even if I did, I don’t think blogging would be on my mind! But I will return next week with a full recap on what happened at the Vassar Reunion!