Tuesday, June 01, 2004

Is it June already? Dang, 2004 is flying by.

It’s a three-day work week, thanks to the holiday yesterday and my going away on Friday. I love short weeks.

I’m thinking of various different ways to improve this website. In addition to the picture on the right, you can now see a Weather Pixie, detailing the latest weather conditions at JFK International Airport. If anyone knows of any other fun do-hickeys that I can add to this site, please let me know!

Sometime today I have to write my final Class Notes column for the Vassar Quarterly. I inherited the job a few years ago from a former correspondent who reads this blog (long story!) It’s been a fun job with minimal work – only about an hour, twice a year – but even still, I’m happy to be done with it. The novelty of writing the column wears off after a couple of years. I hereby pass the torch to whoever else wants to do it.

Tonight I am seeing “Fiddler on the Roof.” Although I have seen the show many, many, many times, this is the first version that I’m seeing on Broadway. Thanks to Jessica for providing free tickets! A review will be forthcoming tomorrow.