Thursday, June 17, 2004

This time of year is just insane for me. Never mind all of the ribbon cuttings, park openings and check presentations. Never mind the increased number of permit requests. The craziest part of this time of year is that June 30 is creeping up on us. No, I’m not talking about the Iraqi transfer of sovereignty. I’m talking about the end of the NYC Fiscal Year. It’s a mad rush to get all of the paperwork in to document expenses and ensure that they are credited to this year’s account. It may not be exciting but it’s sure been keeping me busy!

The 9-11 Commission announced yesterday that there is no evidence that Iraq had anything to do with Al Qaeda or with the terrorist attacks. Did you hear that, Mr. Cheney? Iraq had NOTHING TO DO WITH IT. Yet, the VP still insists it in his speeches and, according to an informal CNN online poll, 31% of Americans still believe it. C’mon people, pay attention!

Bill Clinton’s autobiography is coming out soon and I cannot wait to purchase it and immerse myself in the happy Clinton years when there were no wars and the economy was strong. Ah, how I miss the days when the biggest scandals focused on irrelevant land deals and Oval Office BJs.

So much for the Mets’ hitting streak. Yesterday they went back to their old ways, only scoring one run. Guess they better fire the new hitting coach!

Office lunch outing to Two Boots today. I’m looking forwarding to ordering the Root Boot – it’s a root beer float with vanilla ice cream, served in a mug, shaped like a boot! Mmm...