Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Today is the last day of June. It has been a very long, busy and enjoyable month. Seeing as how it is the end of the fiscal year, I came into work this morning and found a plethora of new office supplies waiting for me at my desk. Stationary, envelopes, staples, paper clips, white out... it was like Christmas morning!

Nicole Kidman, goddess of the cinema, is having problems meeting men. Her words from a recent interview : "I'm hoping to meet someone and be happy with them. But that's not as easy as it sounds. I'm a 37-year-old woman with two children. Men aren't beating a path to my door. I don't want to sound like a woman from a lonely hearts club and I don't want to advertise. The children are my priority. I take them around with me... and that's not so appealing for any new man on the scene, is it?" C’mon guys, any volunteers???

The final four women left at Wimbledon are Sharapova, Davenport, Amelie Mauresmo and Serena Williams. Earlier this morning, Serena spanked Jennifer Capriati 6-1, 6-1. And the pride of Great Britain, Tim Henman, lost again. A perennial semifinalist, this year he lost in the quarters. Poor Brits.