Sunday, July 18, 2004

Look  at  the  pretty  colors  and  sizes...
 
Enough playing with the new Blogger toys now.  Back to business.
 
Well, it's confirmed.  The reason VH-1 left out so much in their "I Love the 90s" series is that they are planning for a sequel, "I Love the 90s, Part II" or something like that.  Remember when channels like MTV and VH-1 actually played music videos?
 
Very slow weekend.  Attended the Siren Music Festival and a Cyclones game at Coney Island but the music sucked and the Cyclones lost.   And my barber is still on vacation so no haircut for me.
 
Tonight it's time to enjoy one of my guilty pleasures.  No, not that...  I'm talking about "Da Ali G Show" on HBO.    Check out this exchange from last season's first episode.  Ali is interviewing former Attorney General Richard Thornburgh...
 
Ali: What is legal?
Richard: Well, I think most conduct most of us engage in on a day-to-day basis is legal.
Ali: So, what is illegal?
Richard: What is illegal is what the elected representatives of the people define as crimes.
Ali: What is barely legal?
Richard: Well, that's where you get into technicalities and you have trials.
Ali: 'Cause me saw dis film called Barely Legal Three and it was about these two naughty college girls and them have done their own work and then as punishment they had to have a three-header with their supervisor, this teacher. Is that to do with the law?
Richard: Uh, it's hard to say. That's probably governed by the rules of the institution, the college.