Sunday, July 25, 2004

Mini film reviews...

I saw "Bad Santa."  My opinion of that movie can be found in its title.  And my opinion ain't "Santa."

Saw the first 20 minutes of "Malibu's Most Wanted" on HBO.  Would have watched more but my attention span was too short.  Did like the bit where the rabbi asks the kid "What theme do you want for your Bar Mitzvah?  Star Wars?  Baseball?  Superheroes?"  And the kid replies "An O.P.P. theme!"  Cut to the bar mitzvah where the 13-year old is grinding with some hootchies to the tune "I got an O.P.P., Yeah you know me!", as the horrified guests look on.

And speaking of strange bar mitzvahs, the Daily News ran a story yesterday on people who give bar mitzvahs for their dogs.  They dress their dogs up in mini-yarmulkahs and mini-tallises.  I know it's a sign of affection for their pets but I still think these people have too much time on their hands.

Attended a doubleheader yesterday for the Brooklyn Cyclones.  They lost the first game.  Then they were losing the second game and we decided to leave early.  Shortly after leaving, the Cyclone came back and won the second game.  So typical!

And yes, as I'm sure everyone is wondering, my barber got back from his vacation and I finally got that haircut yesterday.  Now I'm shorn for the summer.

Had some strange dreams over the weekend.  On Friday I dreamt I was a member of the press and was flown to Baghdad to cover the next court appearance of Saddam Hussein.  Then last night I had a dream that Manhattan became engrossed in riots similar to those in "Gangs of New York" and everyone fled to Brooklyn.

Democratic Convention starts tomorrow.  Yay!