Thursday, July 22, 2004

This is my 200th blog posting.  Hoo-ray!!!

David Wright’s Met debut... 0 for 4. But he was defensively sound and the Mets won the game. Of course, they only won because the Expo first baseman dropped a routine throw, but we’ll take whatever wins we can get.

Convention mania is heating up. The Democrats hit Boston next week and "Phil’s Spin Zone" will provide a complete recap of what happens inside the Fleet Center. Then the Republicans come to NYC in late August, at which point I will avoid Manhattan like the plague.

Last night I got my butt kicked in a hardcore game of Scrabble. It had been many years since I played and my opponent showed no mercy. All the high-point letters were used against me... Zs, Qs, but sadly no Os. Revenge will be mine though. Oh yes, revenge will be mine.