Thursday, August 26, 2004

Know where I’ll be on Sunday? Home. As far away from the protests as I can get. Maybe I’ll watch the protests on TV and join them in spirit by yelling "Yeah, you tell them!" But that’s as far as I’ll go. Check out this article from The Village Voice. It’s about what foods you can expect to be served in jail if you get arrested.

These past couple of days I’ve been getting phone calls from various Republican delegates. Since the calls are related to my line of work, I have to present a cheery, welcoming attitude. It has required me to summon each of the skills I learned in acting class.

The high-carb diet continues. (Minus the daily loaf of Italian bread... bad idea.) Yesterday, my co-workers and I picnicked in Prospect Park. Then I had dinner with Jess at my favorite Chinese restaurant. Tomorrow I’m meeting Ben for lunch and going to my boss’s house for a BBQ dinner.

Olympic Update : Misty May and Kerri Walsh won beach volleyball gold and they are HOT!!! The U.S. mens basketball team beat Spain this morning to move on in the tournament, despite their earlier losses. Israel won its first Olympic gold medal. Iraq lost its soccer semifinal but is still in the running for the bronze.