Wednesday, August 04, 2004

My trivia record is 1-0 after a big win in my debut last night! Thanks go out to my smart teammates Val, Anonymous, Claire, Eric, chemistry professor and Republican dude in a suit. When it came to the team name I said that we should make a pun off of Paris Hilton's black eye and bruises. Val then came up with "Paris is Bruising" and we won the best team name prize. Then we won the trivia contest, despite my shih-tzu / lhasa apso mixup, which my team took great delight in berating me for. I remind them that Claire and I gave us all of our points in the Liberal Arts College question! A fun time was had and props go out to Sarah and Caren for co-hosting (even if Sarah didn't know that the 9/11 Commission Report was paperback) I noticed a few cute girls at several of the tables so I just might have to go back!

Bob Murphy sadly passed away yesterday. He was the radio voice of the Mets from 1962-2003. He was a pleasure to listen to and will be missed. Bob, here's to many "happy recaps!"