Friday, August 06, 2004

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
--- George W. Bush, August 5, 2004

I couldn’t make this stuff up if I tried.

My efforts to do more new things continue. Last night I went to a local Democratic club, to visit a friend from my internship days and to introduce myself to the local councilman. It was a cool place but not somewhere where I can see myself spending too many social hours. Basically, the politicians and judges hobnob with each other and the senior citizens stuff envelopes. I might have to look into some social events for younger Democrats.

I have a relaxing weekend coming up with nothing planned in particular. Perhaps I’ll see some movies (i.e. "White Castle") or visit some museums that I haven’t been to in a while. Visiting the Met last week has put me back on a museum kick.