Thursday, August 19, 2004

We’re having some electrical work done in our office today. So the electrician comes in, sees my desk plate, and says to me, "I can see your name in print one day as a published author." Mind you, I have never seen or met this guy before in my life. Considering that I indeed WOULD like to be a published author, I was very flattered by his odd, unprompted statement.

The Olympics have been entertaining thus far. Last night, Paul Hamm became the first American to win the men’s all-around gold medal in gymnastics. He did this despite falling off the mat and onto his ass in an earlier round. Then the shot put competition was held in Olympia – the original site of the Ancient Olympics. Unlike those games, athletes did not compete in the nude and they did not break into spontaneous orgies. Poor NBC, that would have been a surefire way to get ratings. But my favorite sport to watch at 7 in the morning on Bravo? Badminton!

Good news. Paris Hilton’s dog has been found. Call off the search. Resume your everyday lives.