Thursday, September 23, 2004

The countdown has begun... 12 days until my 27th Birthday!!!

Lots of reality TV shows are pretty crappy. Others get lots of mainstream attention but can be very repetitive. But perhaps the best one of all is the Emmy-winning "The Amazing Race." Last night I watched the season finale and was on the edge of my couch cheering for my favorite team, Chip and Kim. In five seasons, they are the first team over the age of 40 to win it. They're also the first African American team to win it. (Like most reality shows, they only cast one token team per season - my biggest peeve with the genre.) Chip and Kim defeated an ultra-competitive team, a team that thought Jesus would lead them to victory, and a pair of middle age mothers. It’s a great show that takes place in six continents. The scenery is always great and the airport drama, roadblocks, challenges and personal tests of the contestant’s preexisting relationships is great fun to watch. "The Amazing Race" may not get as much publicity as "Survivor", "The Apprentice", or "The Bachelor" but I think it surpasses all of them.