Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Tomorrow is Rosh Hashanah – the Jewish New Year. So does that make tonight New Year’s Eve?

For the second week in a row, my team was victorious at Trivia! This time I actually had a great deal to do with our victory. I knew that "Family Matters" was a spinoff of "Perfect Strangers", I knew to identify the song "My Child" from "Blood Brothers", and I was able to come up with the correct names of all the Harry Potter characters. My reward was a nifty "Heineken – AmsterJam" t-shirt. Sarah did a great job co-hosting and I was surprised to hear that she performed in the Broadway ensemble of "Seussical". It’s amazing how well you can know someone and still not know cool things about them.

It seems that the latest rage is the yellow "Live Strong" bracelets. It supports cancer survivors and cancer research – a very noble cause. I’ve seen many people wearing them including people at trivia, my co-workers and some family members. I’d wear one too except for one small hitch. The color. Does it come in any other colors than yellow? Maybe blue or green? Sydney said that if it was a different color, it would represent a different disease. That’s too bad because although I support the cause, I just don’t look good in yellow. Oh well.