Wednesday, October 13, 2004

I may call this blog "Phil's Spin Zone" but that's nothing compared to the spin that goes on at the immediate conclusion of a presidential debate. I channel surf when the debates are over, flicking between the analysis on the broadcast and cable news networks, but I always change the channel whenever Bush or Kerry partisans are being interviewed. What's the point - irregardless of what actually happens in the debate, the partisans insist that their candidate ran circles around the other guy. Does anyone actually pay attention to it? I wish the networks would disregard such interviews. But then again, they may as well yank the rest of their programming, whether it be "Crossfire", "Hardball" or "Hannity and Colmes". It's all partisanship, all the time, with no room for honest independent thought. But that's the current state of our divided political arena.

Less than three weeks until the election... will I have any fingernails left by then? I think not!