Thursday, October 28, 2004

It happened. The Red Sox actually won the World Series. Expect hell to freeze over any day now.

Two days ago on this blog, I discussed electoral college maps and statewide polling, particularly on the website Electoral-Vote.com. Today I was contacted by a reporter from "The Baltimore Sun". She is writing an article on people who are obsessed with analyzing the electoral data and maps and she stumbled across my blog while Googling the subject. We had a nice chat and I'm hopeful that some of my comments will appear in her article. If so, I will be sure to link to it!

Today's Park event was the ballfield renaming in Bensonhurst. The official name of the park is Bath Beach Park but mant locals call it "Son of Sam Park." That's because, in the summer of 1977, serial killer David Berkowitz murdered several of his victims who were sitting in parked cars on the street right next to the park. I thought it would have been funny if we could have gotten Berkowitz to appear at the ceremony and help cut the ribbon (surrounded by correction officers of course.) Didn't happen.