Thursday, October 14, 2004

More thoughts on last night’s debate. Although I believe that Kerry won the debate (and most polls and pundits agree with me), I concede that Bush performed far better than he did at the first two. In the first debate, Bush was slouching and scowling. In the second debate, he was shouting. This time he finally stood up straight, smiled and spoke in a level voice. But Kerry still got him good on several points. For example, there was the exchange when Kerry criticized Bush for ignoring Bin Laden. Bush indignantly replied, "I never said that I wasn’t worried about Bin Laden. That’s another one of my opponent’s ex...a...gger...ations." Hmm, too bad Bush is caught on videotape at a press conference saying "You know, I just don’t spend that much time on him. I truly am not that concerned about him." If Kerry is smart he will play that clip over and over in his TV ads. Kerry also got the best laugh line of the night (even though the audience was technically forbidden from laughing) when he said "Being lectured by this President on fiscal responsibility is a little like Tony Soprano talking to me about law and order in this country." Oh and by the way, did you know that Dick Cheney had a gay daughter? Oh, you didn’t know about his GAY DAUGHTER? Well by now I’m sure you know all about his GAY DAUGHTER! Finally, I wonder what Bush and Kerry really say to each other when they are shaking hands. I have some theories. Do you?

I’m narrowing down my Halloween costume ideas. One is Che Guevara. Another is Julius Caesar. Revolutionary garb or toga? Decisions decisions.