Tuesday, October 12, 2004

One week ago, I predicted that the winners of the 1st round in the baseball playoffs would be the Yankees, Red Sox, Cardinals and Astros. Sure enough, the winners were the Yankees, Red Sox, Cardinals and Astros. Now that I’ve established myself as an expert baseball prognosticator, the question is who will win the League Championships. It’s tempting to predict a Red Sox/Astros World Series to mirror the other Massachusetts vs. Texas battle going on this fall. But I don’t think that’s going to happen. As much as I’m rooting for Boston to finally triumph over the Yankees, my head tells me that it won’t happen. They are cursed, after all. Yankees in 7. And in the NL, the Cardinals are too strong a team. They will blunt the momentum that the Astros currently have. Cardinals in 6. Take it to the bank!

Three weeks to go until the Presidential election. So exciting! Two debates down. One to go. I'm optimistic about Kerry’s chances. The polls have tightened and they don’t even account for the millions of new registered voters that will likely vote for Kerry.

I’m still taking Halloween costume suggestions. Only one person commented yesterday. Come on – give me your opinion as to what I should dress as! Pictures will be posted on this blog after the party.