Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Today is my parents 30th wedding anniversary. Happy Anniversary!!!

My trivia winning streak came to an end last night, as my team finished in second, one and a half points behind the first place team led by Val and Bob. But I enjoyed playing with teammates Sydney, Sarah and many other non-bloggers too numerous to mention. My best category was the Top 10 list on the Nielsen television ratings, confirming the fact that I watch way too much television. Props to Chris for cleaning out his office so we could all have prizes. I was personally hoping for a red Swingline stapler or post-it notes but I settled for a "Flash" comic book. Props also to Caren for coming up with a Mad Magazine visual round. I used to be such a Mad addict in the 80s and it was fun to relive it.

Game 7 anyone? The Red Sox won again last night, forcing a final game tonight. Will the Red Sox finally break their curse of beating the Yankees? Or is this just a tease that will make the curse sting even more? Last week I predicted Yankees in 7 and I’m sticking by that. But I’d love to see the Red Sox prove me wrong.

Big satellite radio news. Last week Sirius signed Howard Stern. Yesterday, XM struck back by signing an 11-year deal with Major League Baseball. It will provide the radio feeds of every single baseball game to a national audience. This is huge. Unlike other sports, baseball is meant to be listened to on a radio. Now I’m even more excited about my XM!