Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Damn, trivia was HARD last night. A current events category that was all about hip hop. A general knowledge round that had 40 questions! (4 parts to each question) A visual round that involved identifying various "Stanleys" (too bad my dad wasn’t included) and an audio round involving songs that involved the words "Thank You." That’s not to say I didn’t know some of the answers, such as "Good Night and Thank You, Magaldi" from "Evita", and some general knowledge questions about "The Simpsons" and the alphabetical order of various countries. Through it all my team, "Irritable Powell Syndrome", came in 4th place out of 14 teams just missing the bar tab prize. Grr...

The political news of the day is that Chuck Schumer decided not to run for Governor of New York, clearing the way for Eliot Spitzer’s expected run. Schumer will instead stay in the Senate where he will chair the Democrat’s campaign committee for the 2006 midterms. This is a good opportunity for the Democratic Contract with America that I am drafting. (see my blog post of November 12) I interned for Schumer several years ago and think that if I send him the completed product, it will have a good chance of being seriously considered. So please continue to send me any comments that you may have about it.