Tuesday, November 23, 2004

The first season of "The Golden Girls" comes out on DVD today. I realize that the show primarily appeals to women and gay men but I really like it anyway. I was saddened to read about an event at the Museum of TV & Radio where it was revealed that Estelle Getty could not attend because she suffers from a bad case of Parkinsons Disease, and probably the early stages of Alzheimers. She was the spark of that show. To hear such witty and indecent banter spewing from the mouths of grandmother-figures was unheard of when "The Golden Girls" premiered and it hasn’t been successfully replicated since.

I’m about halfway through "The Godfather Returns". It’s so good to read more about these iconic characters that have been immortalized through the films. I have to rewatch the DVDs when I get a chance.

Another season of "The Amazing Race" has started! Since I usually go out on Tuesday nights, I wind up taping it and watching it later. Unfortunately, the very first team to be eliminated was two Jewish guys from Brooklyn. Damnit!

Did you know that U2 performed a free outdoor concert last night in Brooklyn? It was at the state park right under the Brooklyn Bridge. It wasn’t advertised at all – it just spread throughout the day via word of mouth. Very cool.