Wednesday, November 24, 2004

It’s Thanksgiving Eve! Looking forward to a quiet day tomorrow with the family, watching the Macy’s Parade and eating turkey. Last year there was a dog show on TV in the afternoon – I wonder if there will be another one tomorrow. Hopefully it won’t rain on the Macy’s Parade, although I remember one year when they did it in the snow. At any rate the parade will be televised on NBC and, as T.A.B. pointed out, Telemundo!

Dan Rather is out! The CBS anchor is resigning yet he denies that he is being pushed out. I dunno Dan. Too much of a coincidence that this announcement comes on the heels of your big messup with the Texas Air National Guard story. The problem for CBS is they have no clear successor. NBC spent years grooming Brian Williams as Tom Brokow’s eventual replacement. I guess CBS has John Roberts but he is hardly a household name. Let the anchor musical chairs continue. Are any changes in store at ABC?

Trivia was fun last night even though my team finished a disappointing 6th place, thanks to some very difficult questions devised by Barry. I wanted our team name to be "Happy Labor Day, Lenny" but instead we went with "The CBS Evening News With Ron Artest." My favorite round by far, and the most original I’ve seen yet, was Caren’s visual round where a Chinese restaurant menu was passed out with several words blacked out. We had to guess the missing words such as "butterfly" shrimp and General "Tso’s" chicken. With a team consisting of Jews and a Chinese guy, we couldn’t miss!