Monday, November 08, 2004

Well this was a pretty boring weekend. I was supposed to have a date but it got canceled (or postponed, we’ll see.) Then all the bad feelings brought on by the election, that I thought were put behind me, came flooding back leading to a slight depression. On the positive side I watched "Shrek 2" which was very enjoyable. But back on the negative side I watched "Van Helsing" which sucked! Actually, it’s not accurate to say that I watched it as I turned it off after an hour. The weekend ended with "The Simpsons" and the other FOX comedies but by that point, I felt too numb to fully enjoy it. At least I know that next weekend will be a little better. I’m seeing former Defense Secretary Robert McNamara give a panel discussion with my former Vassar history professor. Then later that day there’s a Vassar alumni party in the City. Maybe I’ll be over the election by then.

I really want to see "The Incredibles." I’ve heard great things about it and they’re also showing the trailer for "Star Wars : Episode III" with it. Can’t wait... I’m already on a "Star Wars" countdown watch.