Friday, December 17, 2004

This time next week I’ll be off to the Nevele in the Catskill Mountains for a Jewish-style Christmas! I’d call it "Chrismukkah" but Hanukkah came too early this year. I’m looking forward to a weekend of eating, sleeping, eating, playing mini-golf, eating, playing old style video arcade games, eating, sleeping, and... oh yeah, eating. One thing I will NOT be doing – horseback riding. (A reference to what turned out to be nothing more serious than a very inflamed muscle strain.)

"Chrismukkah" is a holiday made for me. Although recently popularized by "The O.C.", I’ve been celebrating it for many years, combining the Santa Claus aspects of Christmas with the menorah and dreidel fun of Hanukkah. Last night on "The O.C." they took it a step further by introducing "YarmuClaus" – a red yarmulkah with a Santa Claus white puffball on top of it. I’m not about to buy one though... yet.