Friday, December 31, 2004

The U.S. is increasing its Tsunami Relief Aid from $35 million to $350 million. Good.

And now the conclusion of my Year In Review!

September
Had a great time attending the U.S. Open tennis tournament. Had a busy Labor Day weekend – first going to Bartow’s birthday party, then meeting Wendy and Wes at a Yankees game, then attending Blogapalooza – the largest single gathering of our little blog network. It was also at this party that I met someone (a non-blogger) who I would go on to date throughout the month. We had some good times – much better than with anyone I’d met on JDate. I also suffered through my annual experience of going to temple on Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur. And at work I helped the Managers Team win the annual softball trophy.

October
Celebrated my 27th Birthday with a small get-together in the Upper East Side. One gift was that my second raise of the year at work soon went into effect. I met Ben’s new girlfriend Tracey and started hanging out with them alot, particularly at their Halloween Party where I dressed up as Julius Caesar. I rooted for the Boston Red Sox in the baseball playoffs, particularly the first game of the World Series which was watched at Val and Jon’s apartment. And I followed the presidential campaign very closely, praying for John Kerry to pull it out.

November
Deep sadness and depression after John Kerry failed to pull it out. Saw former Defense Secretary Robert McNamara give a lecture and went to the annual Vassar alumni party in NYC. Switched to GMail for e-mail. Kept going to Trivia. Dated a basketball player – a first!

December
Went to Museum of Moving Image with Astoria friends. Was sick for about a week. Celebrated Chrismukkah at home and at work. Went up to the Catskill Mountains with the family. Resubscribed to JDate. Prepared to ring in the New Year tonight in Hoboken.

So that was 2004. It was a good year with fun times, good friends, and a lot of personal growth. What does 2005 hold in store? Hopefully a new apartment. Hopefully a longer lasting relationship. Hopefully continued good health and happiness.

I wish all of my blog readers a happy, healthy and prosperous new year!