Thursday, January 27, 2005

Rumors of the XM/Sirius merge have been greatly exaggerated. Or so they say. Not long after the story broke, the satellite companies denied it. But that’s standard practice in big business : deny you’re going to merge and then do so anyway. But I’m skeptical for two reasons. The first reason I mentioned yesterday in that the FCC would not allow it because it would violate anti-trust laws. The second reason is that the story was originally broken in that bastion of journalism, the New York Post. The same Post that announced that John Kerry had selected Dick Gephardt as his running mate.

Carlos Delgado chose not to sign with the Mets, opting for the Florida Marlins instead. So the Mets went to Plan B and their new first baseman is Doug Ment... Mientca... Mientkawh... Mientkiewicz. Whew, that one is going to be a bitch to spell. If I ever have to fill out a scorecard, I’m screwed.

I am halfway through watching the Season 4 DVD boxset of The Simpsons. It’s going to be very difficult to narrow it down to a Top 10. I might have to cheat by indicating some "honorable mentions."

On a closing note, DAMN, IT’S COLD OUT!!!