Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Today is a very busy day so I don't have much time to think about a coherent blog entry. But I did want to say hello to my readers, so - hello!

Congratulations to Wade Boggs and Ryne Sandberg. Both were elected today into the Baseball Hall of Fame. Boggs was the best AL 3rd baseman during the '80s and Sandberg was the best NL 2nd baseman during the '80s. It's fun to see all the players I grew up watching getting elected into the Hall. I'll definetely check out the ceremony this summer on ESPN Classic. And as an example of squandered potential, Darryl Strawberry was not elected to the Hall. At the beginning of his career, everyone expected him to have a stellar career but drinking and drugging was the end of him. Straw was my favorite player from 1985-1988 so it's sad to think of what became of him.

I'm currently reading an excellent book called "Planet Simpson." More info on it to come in a future blog entry.