Monday, February 21, 2005

Many of you will remember that a few months ago, Amy Sohn wrote a not-so-flattering article about bar trivia games in New York Magazine. I'm pleased to say that yesterday's Daily News portrayed trivia in a much better light. Although they used the word 'geek' more times than necessary, it's still a great reflection of what it's all about! Click here for the article. Although it's not specifically about Tuesday Night Trivia at the Baggot Inn, they do list it at the end along with a few other places. Good to see such positive press right before my hosting debut this Tuesday!

It's snowing and I'm off from work today. Both are good things. And although I'll have to do some shoveling, I'm not complaining. I'm just glad that I'm feeling better. In case you were wondering, I had a 24-hour flu that lasted more like 30 hours. But I'm feeling much much better!

A prominent character on "The Simpsons" came out in last night's episode. It was Marge's sister Patty. I'm glad that they didn't go with the obvious (Smithers) but that it made sense with her character. The only man Patty ever dated on the show was Principal Skinner. That was way back in the second season and she was never that into him to begin with as she wound up dumping him to spare her sister's feelings. And then there was the episode in the 4th season where Patty saw Homer naked and said "There goes the last lingering thread of my heterosexuality."