Monday, February 28, 2005

Thanks to Sarah for hosting a fun Oscar party last night. I’m pleased that "Million Dollar Baby" won Best Picture as it was also my #1 ranked film of the year. But I am outraged that "Super Size Me" didn’t win Best Documentary. Outraged!

And the results of my Oscar Pool were tabulated and the winner is... me! Yes, I won my own pool, getting 16 out of 24 right. The second place person who just missed the gift certificate prize, with 15 correct picks, was Tim – my friend from Vassar and current commissioner of my fantasy baseball league. Better luck next year Tim and to all of the other losers!

Prior to the Oscar party, I took a walk through Central Park to look at The Gates. It was the last chance for me to see them as they are now being dismantled. I enjoyed the spectacle and felt that they were a welcome addition to what is usually a barren park in the winter.

A big snowstorm is coming later today. Batten down the hatches!