Wednesday, March 16, 2005

I got the keys. It’s mine – all mine!

Exactly one year ago on this blog I wrote :

There was an old "Peanuts" cartoon where Lucy bemoans, "Another holiday season has come and gone and as usual I didn’t get what I really wanted." Charlie Brown asks her, "What’s that?" Lucy’s reply : "Real estate!"

It was a part of a posting where I talked about my desire for a new place. Well one year later, I’m happy to officially have one. And now to begin doing all the little things necessary to move in. First step – changing the locks.

Last night I commuted from my new apartment in Bay Ridge to the Village for Tuesday Night Trivia. Total time of the trip? A half-hour. Not bad! My team, which consisted of T.A.B. and Sam, didn’t do that great but at least I won a VHS copy of "Raging Bull."