Thursday, March 03, 2005

I was at the New York Aquarium today preparing for a big meeting tomorrow involving the Parks Commissioner. Every year we try to choose a unique site to hold the meeting. Last years was in the chapel of Green-Wood Cemetary. This years will be in the Aquarium's display area by the walrus tanks. While leaving the Aquarium and entering their parking lot, I saw none other than Uma Thurman. She was with her young daughter (who she had with Ethan Hawke) and I heard her say "So Maya, what kind of animals do you think we're going to see today?" She was dressed very inconspicuously and I wouldn't have even recognized her if my co-worker hadn't pointed her out to me. Good to see a big celebrity enjoying Brooklyn with their family. No doubt she was taking a break from filming the movie musical version of "The Producers" which is also being shot in Brooklyn.