Wednesday, April 13, 2005

I'm baacckkk!!!

During my week-long absence from blogland, I packed up all of my belongings, moved, and then (mostly) unpacked said belongings. And I am now officially a new apartment dweller. Woo hoo!

So yeah, this past week has been quite busy. Busier than any week that I've had in recent memory. I did intensive packing on Friday night and Saturday. Boxes and packing tape are my good friends. I then made the big move on Sunday morning and although I was nervous about how it would go, there was no need as the moving company that I hired was remarkably efficient. They loaded all of my stuff into their truck in a half-hour and then it only took them an hour to get everything into the new apartment. And everything arrived in the same condition it was when they loaded it so no worries. Then on Monday I had to exchange an entertainment unit that arrived in the wrong color (!) But I was proud to then successfully assemble it myself that night. Yesterday I got my cable, phone and internet connected (the most important parts) and today I continued unpacking and assembling various items. Tomorrow it's back to work as I had taken three days off to do all of this. There's just two more items that I'm waiting on - mini-blinds and a sofa. The blinds have arrived at Home Depot and should be installed early next week. No word on how long the sofa will take though. Hopefully soon. The next big project for me is to assemble my new computer desk. Ben is coming over tomorrow to help but I'll try to get a head start tonight.

Anyway, I look forward to hosting a housewarming and all are invited. I'll definetely send word out when I have a better idea of when it will be. See ya!