Tuesday, April 19, 2005

There is a new pope. Yipee. When I heard that a new pope was elected my first thought was "I hope it's not Ratzinger." And then I heard that it was indeed Joseph Ratzinger. Or Benedict XVI as he is now called. Why am I not too thrilled with the selection? He's very conservative and for years played 'bad cop' to John Paul II's 'good cop'. Also he's a German who was a member of the Hitler Youth. Granted, he had no choice in that matter as membership in Hitler Youth was compulsory for young Germans. Even though he eventually deserted, it still doesn't leave the best taste in my mouth. Then again he's 78 years old, so he doesn't figure to have a very long papacy anyway.

Wrestling was a lot of fun last night. It was a four-hour show as they taped SmackDown on UPN from 7-9 and then they taped a live Raw on Spike TV from 9-11. Highlights included the return of Hulk Hogan, a tag team title change, and great chants from the MSG crowd referencing a real life affair between Lita and Edge that wrecked Lita's relationship with Matt Hardy.