Monday, May 09, 2005

Newsweek Magazine ranked the Top 1000 public high schools in the nation and I'm proud to say that mine just barely made their list! Edward R. Murrow H.S. in Brooklyn was ranked #912, as reported by their website. Of course such rankings are usually a poor reflection of a school's actual quality. For example, Vassar College deserves better than the #14 ranking that U.S. News annually bestows upon it. Likewise, I'm sure that Murrow deserves a higher ranking but it's still nice to see that it made the cut based on their criteria (which I think was heavily dependant on number of AP classes taught).

More good news - Time Warner Cable made a deal with Cablevision and they are now showing MSG and Fox Sports NY. Which means that I can watch Met games again! Although it was fun listening to games on the radio for a few weeks. If the TV announcers suck, I might hit the 'mute' button and go back to the radio.