Monday, May 16, 2005

This time last year I often blogged about the television show "Survivor." A lot. Since getting more of a life though, I haven't blogged as much about it. But that doesn't mean I haven't continued to watch religiously. Last night's finale was uber-exciting and I'm happy for the winner - Tom Westman of the NYC Fire Department. Tom's a real class act and a straight shooter. Earlier today I was at an event that was attended by Mayor Bloomberg. After the event, he held a press conference and one of the reporters asked him if he'd watched "Survivor" last night - obviously to make the connection about the winner being a City employee. Mayor Bloomberg's response? "No."

It was a fun weekend. I mentioned the video arcade mecca that I went to on Friday but I should also mention meeting a very talented upcoming author! You can visit her website to learn more about her novels that will be coming out soon. Then on Saturday I ventured out to New Jersey with Ben and Tracey. First stop - Madison for dinner at the home of Tracey's parents. I was tested by her family's very large and very excitable dog. The test consisted of the dog literally jumping on you while barking as loud as she could. If you showed fear she wouldn't let up but if you were calm and pet her despite the attack, she'd warm up to you. Fortunately, I'm pretty good with dogs and she was soon lying docile on the carpet. Next stop was Bloomfield for a party in Tess's new place. Good times. Luckily we got a lift back to Hoboken where the PATH train awaited. A fun day in the heart of NJ but too much traveling! Then on Sunday I saw "The Interpreter." Not bad. A little slow but a compelling story. The last movie I saw in a theater before that was "Hotel Rwanda." Combined the two movies lend toward one inevitable conclusion. That things are pretty fucked up in Africa.

Don't forget to come on down to The Baggot Inn tomorrow night at 7:30! Caren and I are hosting and I guarantee that you will be entertained. (This is not an actual guarantee.)