Monday, June 27, 2005

Click here to see a hilarious animated image of me and a few other bloggers, courtesy of the very talented Wes. A few months ago, Wes drew a few other bloggers but noticing that his images included Caren, Sarah and Sydney, I said to him "Oh you only draw female bloggers?" So now Wes has added images of myself, T.A.B., Chris and Dave to the mix. No doubt, the couch behind me is an allusion to my freak-out over my furniture deliveries. Very observant, Wes!

I had a very good weekend that included seeing "Batman Begins" and going to John and Spencer's BBQ in Astoria. Then on Sunday I returned to Queens for the second day in a row! No, it wasn't to see Billy Graham, it was to count trees for the ongoing Tree Census. Last week I met someone who had signed up to volunteer for the census and what better way to spend a Sunday afternoon than exploring the streets of Woodside? And this is no simple count of "One tree, two trees, ah ah ah." There was a long form with multiple questions that had to be answered about each tree, such as what kind it is, what it's diameter is, are there any obstructions, is the soil level, etc. And we met lots of Woodside locals who were probably wondering why we were lingering in front of their property.

On the television front, I discovered a show on "The N" called "Degrassi : The Next Generation." Years ago I watched and loved the original "Degrassi Junior High" and "Degrassi High" on PBS. One of the characters was Spike, a pregnant teenager. Now her daughter is attending Degrassi and the show is centered around her and her circle of friends. And many of the original Degrassi actors reprieve their roles including Spike, Snake, Caitlin and Joey Jeremiah. Anyway there was a weekend long marathon of episodes and I was transfixed.