Thursday, June 16, 2005

Last night I went to my boss's house for a summer BBQ in honor of three people - one of whom became engaged, one of whom was promoted and one of whom has recovered from some serious injuries. It was a blast to hang out with some people from the Manhattan office who I don't usually get to see as much.

Upon returning to my apartment building, I slid a note under the door of the girl I met during our 10 minute power outage. It read "Hi! Nice meeting you last night during our mini-blackout. Since we're both new to the building it might be fun to hang out sometime and compare notes!" And then I mentioned my apt. number and phone number. I ran the note by one of my female co-workers and she assured me that it was very sweet and appropriate so hopefully I'll get some kind of response. Even if nothing happens between us, it would be cool to have a friend who lives in the building.

Tonight it's off to the Upper West Side for another party. Busy busy!